“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison (1847 – 1931)
A healthy diet is the foundation of good health. In fact, every one of your cells, thoughts, emotions, hormones and tissues of your body is made directly from the food you consume in your diet. (Isn’t that incredible?) I believe that we should always choose the highest quality food that our budget can afford. But there’s no single right diet for everyone. What’s the best diet for you?
Naturopathic Doctors are experts in Clinical Nutrition. They recognize that every person is an individual and that your ideal diet will be as unique as you are. Using food as medicine, your Naturopathic Doctors can help you create the healthiest possible foundation for your body and mind through individualized nutrition.
Naturopathic Clinical Nutrition can help you to:
- Identify & correct nutritional deficiencies (iron, B12, vitamin D, antioxidants, etc.)
- Reach your weight loss goals healthfully
- Gain more energy, improve your mood, think clearly
- Identify food intolerances
- Relieve gas & bloating, heartburn, constipation or diarrhea
- Normalize your cholesterol and blood sugar levels without prescription drugs
- Learn how to incorporate disease-preventing “superfoods” into your meals
- Get better results from your fitness efforts
- Detoxify your body using foods and herbs
- Find out which supplements you need (and those you don’t)
- Prevent and heal chronic illness like migraines, obesity, heart disease, and diabetes
A naturopathic approach to weight loss is about learning how to live a healthy balance in body, mind and spirit. To help you end your struggle with your weight, Dr. Cherevaty will work with you to identify the hormonal, environmental, nutritional and mental-emotional factors that are involved and help you learn lifelong skills to overcome them. You’ll also learn why popular strategies like calorie-cutting, low-fat diets, excessive cardio or using artificial sweeteners are ineffective and can actually cause you to gain more weight, and can create additional health problems. You’ll receive expert nutritional knowledge, the appropriate diagnostic testing and unconditional support for your journey toward achieving a healthy body weight and body composition for life.
The Healthy & Active Program uses a panel of 42 blood tests and data from your physical exam to determine a Personalized Nutritional Program designed just for you, including a list of the best foods to optimize your metabolism. In this highly individualized, naturopathic doctor-supervised weight loss program, Dr. Cherevaty guides you through the process of a gentle cleanse (2-3 days), the main phase (8 weeks) and supplementary phase (4 weeks) of your program, supporting and encouraging you with 15-minute check-in visits to keep you on track and motivated. The Healthy & Active Program is covered by most extended health care plans. For program fees click here.
To optimize your results, we’ll think beyond conventional concepts to identify:
- Nutritional deficiencies that may be contributing your symptoms
- Foods that your body is sensitive to, does not digest well, or forms an immune response to
- Digestive organs need special attention to resolve inflammation and improve your absorption of important nutrients
- Ways to prevent the development of chronic disease through simple food choices
- Healing foods and herbs that will help to resolve symptoms, have more energy and feel better in the long-term
- The role of toxins and hormone imbalances that are preventing you from losing weight
- The optimal dose, form and quality of nutritional supplements for you at a given time
- Individualized strategies for weight loss and achieving and maintaining a healthy, strong body
- Ways to maximize the benefits of your exercise plan or athletic workouts with the right foods and supplements at the right times
- Your attitudes toward food and yourself, and experiences that have shaped the way you relate to food
Dr. Elizabeth Cherevaty ND is a Guelph Naturopathic Doctor who has helped many people achieve a healthier weight, resolve digestive issues, reduce pain, heal their skin, improve their energy and enjoy healthier relationships with food through Naturopathic Clinical Nutrition. She believes that a whole foods diet is the foundation of good health, and regularly develops simple, healthy recipes to help her patients to enjoy better health through optimal dietary choices.